Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just starting out....



This is something relatively new for me, so bare with me while I fiddle with the beginning.


First and foremost, I want to welcome you to my blog. Thank you for dropping in and visiting!




Well, I guess a good place to start is by saying that I am a doll artist. I create one-of-a-kind (OOAK) artdolls. They range from fantastical creatures such as fairies and mermaids to character dolls, Santas, and little babies. The dolls I create are all from imagination and never from molds. All of my dolls are made of polymer clay, some are full sculpts while others have cloth bodies and wire armatures. You can read more about me, my education and see the dolls that I have already created at my website at http://www.lmpartdolls.com/.


As an after thought, one of my dolls, "Karif" was recently published in "Doll Crafter and Costuming" magazine in their "Gallery" section for the September 2009 issue on page 46. And, to add to the accolades, one of my santa dolls received an Honorable Mention at www.artdolls.com from Jack Johnston's 2008 Santa contest.




At any rate, here on this blog site, I plan to post works in progress so that my friends and customers can see what I am working on and follow it to the end of the completed project. I hope that I can help to inspire others to create, to teach my craft, and perhaps, find new fans and build my collector base.




At the moment, I am working toward getting ready for a craft festival in November at Lakeridge Winery in Clermont, Florida. Their website is: http://www.lakeridgewinery.com/ . Most of the items I am working on are Santas. I will post some works in progress pics (WIPS) tomorrow. This way you can see what I am working on, and where I am going with it.




In the meantime, it is late for me here, and time for a starving artist to find some shuteye. I will leave with a link to my current Ebay auction of my latest fairy. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120455058557&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT


Her name is Edelweiss. I have left a picture for your viewing pleasure! I do hope you like her and will enjoy following my auction.


Thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog. Take care and good night to all.


Lori




No comments:

Post a Comment