Friday, August 21, 2009

Picture updates you've been waiting for!

The hands for the 32" santa are taking me longer to sculpt than I had anticipated. But, I wanted to leave you with WIP of the progress regardless. I should be finished sculpting them sometime this evening. At the moment, I am working on the wrinkles and veining.

These are the 32" santa hands:

32" santa hands 2

32" santa hands 1

As for the 32" santa head. I have a pic of that too! Mind you, it's only been sculpted so no hair on his little bald head, and no painting yet either. I will paint him once I have all the pieces sculpted and baked.

32" santa head and shoulder plate1

32" santa head and shoulder plate 3

32" santa head and shoulder plate 2

And, last but not least, here is the next 18" santa that is also in the works. I still need to finish sculpting his hands and his boots as well. I think he is gonna turn out great! I really like his face. :-D

18" santa head 2

18" santa head 2.1

Well, I hope you have enjoyed the updated pictures! For now, it's back to work on those hands so I can finally move on to making this guys boots too.

Hugs to all,
Lori

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, Lori...your Santa's hands are...fantastical!! They are SO realistic and just what I would expect Santa's big loving hands to look like. Oh, and his face is pure jolly*ness too! love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rose, so kind of you to stop by my page and peek at my Santa's! Hopefully soon he will be finished. I'm working on his boots now! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete