Saturday, August 8, 2009

Santa ornaments nearing completion

Putting the hair on the ornaments is taking a lot longer than I had anticipated. I am just about 1/3 of the way through the ornaments with placing hair on the faces. Then, I'll have to make their hats.

I decided to mix up the hair styles some. Some of them will have curly hair, and some will have straight hair. I wish I could get some feedback on which people liked the most before I made too many of the kind people really do not like. *shrug* :-D Anyway, I still need to trim them up a bit around the beard and their eyebrows. They look a little too hairy with the bushy eyebrows. lol Once they are "cleaned" up and their hats are on, they will look a lot better. Santa just isn't Santa unless he has his hat!



Here are a couple of pictures of the ornaments near completion. Perhaps a viewer out there might chime in and let me know what is their preference on the hair types.



santa ornaments 1 near completion



A closer view:

santa ornaments 2 near completion



Sorry about the difference in lighting. I live in a very old house, and the lighting is much to be desired. Again, any suggestions would be sooooo wonderful!



Hugs to all,

Lori

3 comments:

  1. Hey up Lori! Now I see what you were busy with all theese days... this looks SO impressive!

    best regards from Lithuania ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dorote! Very nice of you to stop by all the way from Lithuania! LOL, yes, been busy with a lot of Santa's. Seems you have been pretty busy yourself. So very good to see you!

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete