Friday, September 25, 2009

Putting Humpty Dumpty back together again

After taking a day rest away from Humpty Dumpty Santa to regain my composure of the shock of his face plant, I have now formulated some new ideas with the help of much needed rest and my good friends here in the doll making world. Brainstorming is a wonderful thing and rest is always the best.

I woke up this morning with a new take on the entire incident. The first thing I did was grab up his broken hands and the bits and pieces that I salvaged from the wreck and proceeded to piece them together. Amazingly enough, for the damge, they do not look that bad. But, they are still not acceptable for this wonderful Santa. I will still have to make new ones. So, with the help of wonderful friends, I have decided that today I will whip up some quick mittens in the place of his hands. This will only be a temporary fix mind you. Only enough to give the impression of what used to be hands and to keep his little nubbies warmed up. :-D

Since his hands are somewhat pieced back together, I intend to bring them with me along with the santa as part of his display. In the meantime, hopefully today, I will fashion a new hand armature for the Humpty Dumpty Santa. And, this weekend, while at the craft event, I will begin sculpting the new pair of hands. This way, onlookers can enjoy not only the finished product, but also take part in watching the sculpting process. So, the king Santa will still make his appearance tomorrow at the Lake Square Mall craft show. He will just be minus his wonderful hands being attached to his body and instead, will be sporting mittens. I also plan to redo his base today. So, there is a lot to accomplish in a short period of time before I head to bed tonight.

Not only will the Santa's be making their appearance tomorrow, but, a lot of my other dolls that are available will be there as well. Along with a great deal of Santa ornaments. Unfortunately, I'll not have anything special for Halloween, but, you'll just have to check back on my website. I do have a plan for a piece, but I just have to get the chance to sit and get to work on it.

Anyway, for those that can make the event at Lake Square Mall in Leesburg it is Saturday and Sunday during the Mall hours. I am not sure where I'll be located in the mall, but I'm sure there will be other nice things to see while you are there too!

In the meantime, I'm off to finalize things and work with Humpty Dumpty Santa.

Hope to see you there,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment