Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A thoughtful gesture!

Surprise, surprise! I received a nomination for this avatar today from my wonderful friend, Dorote at: http://tirelessartist.blogspot.com/. I have to say, this is a truly thoughtful gesture. Thank you, Dorote for thinking of me! You really should check out her blog, she makes some very wonderful dolls!



The award rules are:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you.

2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.

3. Link the person who nominated you.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.

5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers'

6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
---------------------------
Let me see, 7 things that no one would really know about me. This is going to be tough since I am
such an open book, but let me see what I can do. lol
1. I have lived in all of these states: Florida, Maine, New Jersey, Georgia, and Kentucky.
2. I would love to visit Scotland, Ireland and Europe.
3. I have never traveled outside of the United States.
4. I love gardening and to plant beautiful plants and flowers, but I am not good at maintaining it.
5. I have a small collection of dolls.
6. I would love to own a ball-jointed doll.
7. I enjoy playing MMORPG games and single-player computer games.
--------------------------------
Alright, and of course, I saved the best for last. I have many, many blogs that I enjoy to keep tabs on. Some have already been nominated for this wonderful little award. So, I will try not to repeat the reward that way everyone will get the opportunity to experience the pleasure of the award. In no particular order, here are my picks:
1. http://patriziacozzo.blogspot.com/ : She is a very talented doll artist who I enjoy watching her work come to life. She is an inspiration to me and many artist. Her work is just beautiful to see and never a disappointment.

2. http://chopoli.blogspot.com/: Her little fairies and woodland folk are exactly how I would imagine them to be if I were to finally find one in the woods. Truly wonderful and magical to see.

3. http://fantasywhispersblog-ooak.blogspot.com/: In the spirit of the Halloween season, I have chosen this blog with her wonderful witches. I enjoy seeing her witches and other dolls that she creates. If you like witches, she is the one to go to. I love all of her witch creations!

4. http://gaillackey.blogspot.com/: Also in the spirit of Halloween, I think Gail's dolls are magnificent and very creative in a macabre sort of way. :) Each doll she creates is a thing of imagination and truly whimsical. I enjoy seeing her dolls, they always bring a smile. She definately has the spirit of Wednesday's child in her little dolls.

5. http://bbflockling.blogspot.com/: Rose has such a beautiful talent that inspires me every time I see a new creation by her. I love her stories she weaves that accompany her dolls and sculpts. Her work is always a delight to see and never a disappointment.

6. http://nadiiaevans.blogspot.com/: Nadiia is another wonderful artist whose work is an inspiration to so many artist. Each and everyone of her figures tell a story. I enjoy seeing all of her sculpts, they are all so wonderfully sculpted and life-like.

7. http://mollamari.blogspot.com/: Anna-Mari in my opinion is as close to a modern master to sculpting as one can get. Her work is not only beautiful, but it is captivating. Her awe-inspiring work sets the bar high for many artist. Her work is never disappointing and is always beautiful. A very talented young lady!
---------------------------------------
And, there you have it folks. My picks! I think that their blogs are all worth the stroll if you have the time to visit!
Hugs to all,
Lori

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Lori for choosing me as a Kreativ Blogger.

    Your creations are fab as well and I feel honored that you like my work so much :)

    Will post the award within a few days, I also have other awards that need attention as well.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what a surprise! I like to play MMORPG too :)
    (I've been pretty addicted to "Vanguard Saga of Heroes" for a couple of years.... eh I hope I will be back to that magic world someday :)) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Dorote,
    They are quite addicting! Mine has been World of Warcraft since it's release date about 5 years ago. (oh, how sad that is lol) I have been trying out a new game called Aion the past couple of weeks. I'm not quite hooked on it just yet. Could be that I am burnt out on the MMORPG thing now and just need a break from it. But, they are pretty neat for the work that goes into them. :-D
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vania,

    You, my friend, are very welcome, and very deserving. Your dolls are wonderful! And, thank you too for such a lovely comment about my dolls!

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dear Lori for the honor of being thought of in your group of such fine artists...the tenacity and love that you devote to your own special creations are an inspiration for me as well! love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Rose. That is a lovely thing to say! You are such a sweet soul.

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete