Friday, April 2, 2010

The Woodsprite: WIP

Our doll making journey now takes us from the flower-filled meadows to the moss-covered woodlands. The subject of the next sculpt will be a woodsprite. As I hinted yesterday, my intentions are to have her "blend" with her environment.

For the moment, the only picture I have to show is of her head. I have already began working on her body partway, but decided I needed to stop where I was at because she needs her base before I can proceed any further with her body. So, today, I intend to work on her base a little so that I can continue on with the body sculpt. I think she will come out pretty good if all goes to plan. But, as you all know, even the best laid plans often fall astray. In keeping that in mind, let's hope the woodsprite will be agreeable with my plans for her. :-D

Here is the picture of her head. I hope you like it so far. She is a little different than what I normally do. I felt it was time to be a little adventerous and put a twist on my doll-making.

Enjoy!

woodsprite 1

woodsprite 2
woodsprite 3

2 comments:

  1. She looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roisin! I'm glad you like her. I hope I can do her justice and create her the way I would like her to come out into the world. :-) Only time will tell. haha

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete