Friday, September 17, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.....

Or is it, out of sight and out of mind? Either way, daily life has kept me from my blog. I admit, some of it has just been plain ole' laziness, other times it's procrastination, and then there are those other times where life just seems to get in the way. In some way, I think I just needed a little break to rebuild the creative side of myself. With all that said, I do hope you all accept my humble apologies for my being absent. And, I do hope the first is true, that absence really does make the heart grow fonder and that you all have missed the dear little people of the pixie knoll.

Even though it seemed like all was quiet on the pixie home front, I can assure you that the little fae folk have been very busy going about their daily life. With all the hustle and bustle, there is now a new inhabitant in town!

Yes, it's true! The pixie's in the knoll have officially hired their mail carrier! Luckily in the land of the knoll, time is of no importance and things will eventually happen when they are supposed to. Therefore, Cecil chose his trusty snail to help him deliver the many scrolls to the inhabitants of the knoll. Unfortunately, Cecil was a bit shy when it come to WIP pics. :( He really couldn't wait to get on with the mail delivery job because all of those scroll's were quickly piling up and he had to be on his way soon, otherwise, the mail would never arrive on time! Therefore, we had no time to stop for WIP pics. So, this time, you can blame Cecil. Although, he is such a likeable little fella, I don't see how anyone could point the blame at him. :-D

Anyway, I would like you all to meet, Cecil.....titled...."Cecil's snail mail". I hope you like him. :-)

Cecil1
Cecil2
Cecil3
Cecil4
Cecil5

Cecil6
Cecil7
Cecil9
Cecil10
Cecil8

Whew, that was a lot of work putting up all those pics. I do hope you enjoy Cecil.

Now, on to other stuff. Unfortunately, I did not win the IADR contest with the "Hide and Seek" pixies. :( That is alright, you never know if you don't try. :-) So, I will keep trying. LOL I have a bunch of stuff on my work table that I have worked on over the last couple of months. Most of it is in the early stages. For example I have about 5 heads starring at me. A couple of Santas, a troll head, an angel, and what I think might be a witch. Did I forget to mention the Geisha? I think so. Actually I could post some pics of the Geisha that is in progress. But, I'll spare you that for a few days at least. haha Her body and head are all completed now, and it's time to start the costuming process. Unfortunately, I ordered hair for her almost 2 weeks ago, and that still has not arrived yet. o.O I'm starting to get a little worried that my order was not processed. I have tried to call the company, but no one is answering the phones. Sooooo, it looks like the Geisha might not be completed in time for the IADR contest for the end of this month. At least, not at the rate I am going. Something tells me that I should have just stuck to playing in the knoll. haha

At any rate, I will hopefully be posting more stuff soon. In the meantime, I need to try to get ahold of the company I ordered my hair from.

Have a great day folks! And, thanks for stopping by the knoll to meet Cecil!

Hugs to all,
Lori

4 comments:

  1. Lori, Cecil is great! A great concept. I think you have out done yourself with this one. I love it. Snail mail, that is too cool. I can't wait to see all of the other stuff that you have coming down the line.

    Darel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Darel! I'm glad you like him. I had a lot of fun creating him and enjoyed the direction that he wanted to go. After I created his head, I studied it for a couple of days to give it time to "speak" to me. haha It wasn't long before I knew who he had to become. Hopefully, the rest of the projects on the table will be kind enough to do the same thing for me. lol :-D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. just brilliant I love him to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started with something.
    But I never take anything off.
    Have only half my creations counted.
    I came to forty.
    But now I see you, I want to finish it.
    Very nice Lori.

    ReplyDelete