Monday, December 6, 2010

'Tis the Season

Of hustle and bustle and no rest for the wicked. As usual, I am far behind on nearly everything, but I am making progress.

I finally got my lights up on the outside of my house in hopes of beckoning the jolly man to my humble abode, the tree is decorated to the hilt, and the stockings are hung by the chimney with care, and my halls are almost stock full of whimsy and fancies of the holiday season. And, after all that, I have yet to purchase the first gift for Christmas.

I imagine I will be among the last bit of shoppers rushing around hoping to find the perfect gift at the last minute amidst all of the holiday cheer. Never worry, I do that every year. :-D Just like those New Year's Resolutions, every year I say I'm gonna do my shopping early, but it never happens. haha

At any rate, I decided to show you all what I have managed to complete recently. It was one of the commission pieces that I have been working on lately. And, one of the reasons I am so far behind. Albeit, it was a doing of my own choice as I have had plenty of time to complete her. Part of the problem was my muse went on vacation and no matter what I attempted, it just didn't come out right. But, also, I was trying new methods and new products. So, when you have to combination working for you, I suspect it would take long to create a piece than normal. Then, you mix in the advent of Thanksgiving preparations, and the incoming of Christmas, I would guess it goes without saying.

All in all, I am pleased with the results. I hope the new owner will be pleased with her too; she will see her on this upcoming Wednesday. The angel was a special request from a lovely lady named Mary. In a way, Mary is her own angel, always bringing a smile to me when she comes in to where I work. And, so, this was a special assignment as Mary is a special person to me. That is probably why I was having such a difficult time putting this one together. haha Mary intends to give this as a gift to her new grandbaby. It is the grandbaby's first Christmas and it will be her very first collectible doll. So, with that in mind, I wanted it to be something special just as Mary intends it to be. Mary told me about her own daughter collected dolls as a little girl, and so, she wanted to inspire her granddaughter as well, by giving her the gift of her first doll.

And, so, with that said, you can understand why this was a difficult task as it is to be a VERY special gift this year in her family. Needless to say, I had a hard time naming this special doll, this special angel of Mary's, and ended up naming her: "Angel of Love and Happiness".

Here are her pictures:

Angel of Love and Happiness1

Angel of Love and Happiness2

Angel of Love and Happiness3

Angel of Love and Happiness4

Angel of Love and Happiness5

6 comments:

  1. hello friend,Wishing you a good day!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful angel.


    Hi Lori, I have long heard nothing more from you.
    How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ineke! Thank you so very much. <3 I have been so extremely busy trying to get caught up with projects that I have not had much time to do anything else. I have missed chatting with you dear friend. :-)

    Love you to pieces!
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie! Thank you for such a lovely compliment! For an angel...I have to tell you, her wings ended up being the devil when it came time to box her up. hahahaahahaaa I don't know what came over me when I decided to make those wings like that. :-D If there is a next time, I might reconsider such an undertaking. Thank you though, for your compliment. It made it all worth while. <3

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Duendes! You are always too kind. <3

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete