Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's about time...finished pieces and works in progress!

Today, marks a week after my surgery and I have to tell you...one of the most DIFFICULT tasks has been not to lift anything that is more than a pound.  Heck, I think the bath towel weighs a pound or even my coffee mug!  It is a weird feeling to go about feeling helpless all day long and to expect someone to sit on their laurels and to do nothing but sleep.  Admittedly, I could not sit idle for too long as all the thoughts of things unfinished kept creeping up in to my head.  Of course, that was bound to happen as all creative minds find it difficult to stay idle for too long.  Surely, I can not be the only one out there?  Can I?

Well, needless to say, since my mind was active, I decided I just had to do something to make the time pass.  Of course, I should be relishing every minute of the excuse of not having to do anything, but I suppose I just could not help myself.  So in between jaunts to dreamland (because Dr.'s orders were to get plenty of rest mind you) I decided it would be alright to sit up at a small folding table at the couch side and work on a few unfinished pieces to finally be done with them.

I finally finished up 4 of the paper clay dolls.  For not having worked in paper clay for so long, I think my end results were pretty darn good if I do say so myself.  I still have quite a bit more to finish and will probably have more finished up by the end of the week, but for now, I am happy to have a few completed.  In fact, I have already listed them up on ebay for a 5 day auction.  I normally list my items up for the full 7 day duration, but this time I figured just in case someone might be interested in one for a Christmas gift, by the time the auction ended, and with 2 day priority mail, it might....just MIGHT, make it just in time to fit under the Christmas tree.  At the very least, I thought someone could place a picture inside of a box and wrap it up with the "IOU" gift and show the recipient what they will be receiving.  *shrug*  Just a thought.  So anyway, here are the 4 OOAK paper clay dolls on Ebay this week.  All of these dolls measure about 6.5 inches in length and have dangle arms and dangle legs to give them a bit of movement.  And, I have to admit, as you can see by the last picture with all of them posed together, they look super cute displayed in a grouping!  

"Lorna"
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/121237395423?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

"Lorna"

"Millie"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121237390424?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

"Millie"

"Libby"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121237401300?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

"Libby"

"Gabby"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121237409009?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

"Gabby"

"Gabby, Libby, Lorna, Millie
--OOAK Paper Clay Dolls--

Now, at least this will give you an idea of what they look like!  They are all so unique and I think that is fabulous!   I will also leave you with another picture of some that I will be working on this week.  I can not guarantee they will all be finished this week, but I am hoping to have at least a couple of them finished up by the end of the week.  They look pretty darn funny without hair and clothes.  But, I think it is fun to see where they come from and what the end up looking like in the end once they are completed.  Now remember....bald is beautiful!  It's funny to think that the ones above were all like this not too long ago!
The Rest of the Paper Clay Gang!

I probably still have another 12-15 more of these paper clay dolls that are not this far completed yet.  So, rest assured, you will see more as the time goes on.

Speaking of things being completed.  I nearly forgot to post up a few pictures of the commissioned Santa's I recently finished for a couple of dear clients.  I still have one more Santa commission to complete, and he will also be in the same likeness as the original "Father Yule (The Holly King)".   But, since I have a bit of time as the client is a good friend of mine, he is in no hurry just yet.  He's such a good soul.  :-)   At any rate, here are the 2 Santa's I did manage to complete just before surgery.  The pictures are not the best, but they are good enough to get an idea of how they turned out.  Both clients were extremely pleased with their Santa's, and that made me very happy!
"Father Yule (the Holly King)"

"Father Yule (the Holly King)"

"The Mistletoe King"

"The Mistletoe King" 
 As the lore goes, The Mistletoe King resides over half of the year beginning with the summer solstice and the Holly King reigns over the winter solstice for the 2nd half of the year.  Each one killing off the other in order to reign over their perspective part of the year.  It is a fascinating tale and stems from Celtic mythology with pagan roots and I believe is pre-Christianity.

As always, I want to thank all of you for your patience in waiting for me to post up these pictures. I realize it might have seemed like forever in between post, but darn it if life doesn't seem to always get in the way!   At any rate, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to add some Santa ornaments to the Etsy store. I've been told they have an old-world feel to them.  Just like always, pictures never do these pieces any justice, same holds true for the ornaments as well.  I'm not sure why, but it's not easy getting good pictures of ornaments...I think the light doesn't capture well on their eyes or something.  I just don't know.  LOL   But, either way, they will be listed for all to see.  Perhaps one might take a fancy to ya!  In the meantime, I'll check back with all of you later. And don't forget to check out my auctions and Etsy store for more additions coming soon!






2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! I am so happy you like them. :-) They came out a lot better than I had thought they would initially. <3 Thank you for stopping by to see them. <3 I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete