Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Twas the night before Christmas....


and all through the house.... 

I'm still running around like a crazy fool trying to complete all I had wanted to do in time for Christmas!  Here it is, almost midnight and I am trying to finish my cookie baking.  Who, on earth, in their right mind is still baking cookies at this hour?  No doubt, it would be me!  But, boy, oh boy, don't they smell good!  Right now, the smell of Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookies is wafting through the air. Earlier, it was Coconut Jumbles and Honey Sandballs.   Next on the list are Chocolate Crinkles and good 'ole fashioned Sugar Cookies.  Yes, yes, it is true, while most of you out there have nestled down for your long winters naps in your kerchief and caps, I am here in the kitchen baking cookies for Santa.  LOL  I seriously must have my head examined.  What was I thinking to decide to bake cookies all day long on Christmas Eve.  *sigh* 

At any rate, I wanted to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and hope that Santa brings you all that you could hope for tomorrow.  But, most of all, I wish you love, peace and happiness and hope that your day is filled with the wonderful spirit of Christmas. 

Merry Christmas to all!

4 comments:

  1. Bet they were worth it though!
    Hope your Christmas was lovely...once it arrived!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, Lilac Grove!
    Those were the best darn cookies I have ever made! Ha ha The Chocolate Crinkles were delicious, so much so, that no body can keep their hands out of the cookie jar. :-P

    My Christmas was a fantastic one, probably one of the best ever. I hope your Christmas was full of love and happiness too! <3

    Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a super wonderful, prosperous and healthy New Year! Be Safe! <3 xoxo <3

    Many Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we had a bit of an ice storm for Christmas here, at least a day or two before - but it made us simplify our Christmas plans. Which actually turned out to be a very relaxing, enjoyable December 25th, 2013!
    Same to you; all the very best in 2014 :)
    Dragon hugs,
    LG

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to be able to slow down a bit, after the hustle and bustle of all the shopping and visiting, even if the slow down is brought about by Mother Nature and Father Winter! haha. :-) Our Christmas was at a much slower pace than usual too since we had already done all the family visiting prior to Christmas morning and me with my hysterectomy surgery on top of that. It was a HUGE change for us, but It was also a very welcomed change too. <3 I'm glad that yours was nice and relaxing too!

    Big hugs!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete