Sunday, March 30, 2014

Getting Ready!

It's almost show time again!  For those of you who do not know, I am in the process of completing several pieces to take along with me to the Quinlan Doll and Teddy Bear Show in Philadelphia, PA. The show will be held Thursday, May 1 to Saturday, May 3, 2014.  This show is a wonderful show that features ONLY one-of-a-kind dolls and teddy bears. So, if you are a collector that likes the uniqueness of a OOAK piece of work, then, this show is definitely for you!  For more information, please take a look here: http://www.quinlanmuseum.com/convention/  There will be a TON of wonderful artist there to meet and the chance to see their works up close.  So, if you live in the area or have an itch to travel to a show, this is one you do not want to miss.  Here is a sneak peak at one of the pieces I'll be bringing along to Quinlan:

"Cricket"

As for myself, it's time to get back into the studio and get busy working.  Time is of the essence these days and that means no more time for procrastination! I am sometimes guilty of that little bad habit.  :(  Hopefully, this week will see some REAL progress in the studio.  Lately, my time has been tied up dealing with some personal "children" issues.  LOL  Kids.....got to love them.  Even when they are grown, they are still kids, and we are always the parent.  :-P   But, they are our children and it is our responsibility to help them along in life when they need it.  Those are the sacrifices that we must make in life.  Unfortunately, that sacrifice has put me behind schedule and now I foresee some VERY sleepless nights ahead of me!  At any rate, I tend to work better under pressure so let's see what develops in the studio.  Aside from the big piece with 4 characters, there are 3 other pieces in the works at the same time.  Yes, I am a glutton for punishment.  With luck, they will all finish up about the same time.   Wish me luck...I have about 3.5 weeks to get them all complete! 

And, on that note, I'm off to the studio! 

Have a great day folks and thanks for following along here at The Pixie Knoll!

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you have in the works :) Your art is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Luna! That is super sweet of you to say...what a wonderful compliment! :-) Hopefully you will like all the new pieces that are on their way very soon. I am really enjoying creating them all. I just hope they come out like I envision them too. haha Only time will tell! :-D

    Thank you so much for your comment. I hope you have a super lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love seeing new pieces and the WIP's. Your pieces always bring me joy. I hope you will post some pics of the show pieces as they are coming together.. ofcourse you may not be able to. Will be eagerly waiting to see what you have been up to. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ev! Thank you soooooo much my sweet, sweet friend! I will definitely be sure to post pictures as I finish them up. I hope you will not be disappointed. :-) I had hoped to have many more pieces completed for the show by now, but, I think that what will be completed will be just enough. :-D Thank you for the encouragement! <3 After the show, we'll be back to more WIPs as usual. <3

      Delete
  4. Little Cricket looks adorable! Good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet, Luba! I am glad that you like Cricket! I love his cute little face and his freckles. :-D I am sure the show will go well. Thank you for the encouragement!! :-D

      Delete