Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Website under construction but functional!

That is right!  My website is currently getting a face lift and it's long over-do if you ask me.  For quite some time I have wanted to make things easier for you, the collectors, to make your purchases.  I have despised the fact that you have had to go to Etsy to make your purchases and to see more pics of available items.  Well, all of that is about to change!  I'm excited about the changes and I hope you are too!

So, please bare with me while I make ready a new and improved shopping experience for your collecting pleasures! 

Inside the new store, you will be able to shop by category, and see more pictures and view points of the items available to you.  Not only that, but you will no longer have to follow a link to go to the Etsy site in order to make your purchases.  That's right, I'm all about simplifying it just for you, the collector! 

In the new store, you will also find the "total" price of the item.  This means, "the price" will include the price of the item, shipping fees and taxes; which I will itemize the list out for you at the bottom of the description to the item.  No hidden fees, just everything slapped into a nice, neat little pile!  :-)  

All in all, the changes will be completely wonderful, but there are a couple of fallacies to the improvements.  After all, not everything is perfect.  Like I have mentioned, I am unable to link in shipping and taxes.  :(   But, the other problem is for my beloved International Buyers.  They will have to contact me prior to making their purchase so that the shipping fees can be adjusted to their locations.  Unfortunately, there is no way around it I am afraid.  But, with all the great NEW changes, I think we can make do with a few discomforts.  :-D

It is unfortunate that I can not afford to upgrade to a full-blown commerce site at this time, but this is the next best thing to having that fancy commerce site.  Thank you for your patience on the improvement process!  I hope you will like the changes I am making.  Please feel free to email me at lori@thepixieknoll.com  with any suggestions you might have or leave your comments here at the blog!  I would love to hear your feedback!  

2 comments:

  1. Woot!! Sounds like you are on a roll. =) Always here if you need some help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, Liss! You are truly a doll! <3 I'm still working out the kinks, so no telling what I will end up with. LOL Trial and error....what a lovely combination. :-D By the time I'm done, hopefully it will not look so much like "error". hahahahahaa :-P Big hugs, my super sweet friend! <3

      Delete