Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's official! Dolls Magazine announcement!

It's finally here!  The results from the Dolls Magazine 2014 Dolls Awards of Excellence Industry's Choice Winners!  The Dolls Magazine initially made their announcement this past Saturday at the awards banquet at the IDS show in North Carolina.  But, for those of us who were not able to attend the show, that meant we had to wait for an official announcement written in black and white!

The waiting is now over folks, and will you believe I received TWO awards!!!  OMG!!  It's true!!!  A dear friend who was at the banquet that evening messaged me first thing on Sunday morning to let me know I had won 2 awards, but of course, I had nothing in writing at the time.  Well, I have to say, now it's official as they made their announcement today on their website. 

I am pleased to announce that I am a recipient of  2 of the 2014 Dolls Awards of Excellence Industry's Choice awards.  It is a great honor to stand next to the worlds leading top doll makers and designers in the industry!  So much talent recognized through this prestigious competition.  I am so proud to be a small part of it.  To see the formal list of winners from Dolls Magazine, here is the link:

http://www.dollsmagazine.com/component/content/article/72-dolls-awards-of-excellence/729-2014-dolls-awards-of-excellence-industrys-choice-winners.html

In the meantime, here are my two pieces that took home awards in the same category of One-of-a-kind dolls, Less than $1250.00    By the way...both are still available should anyone be interested in snatching up one or both of these award winners.  You can find them listed in my Etsy store! 

"Pixie King Faegan"

"Spring Awakening"
At any rate, I just wanted to thank all of you for being a part in this huge event in my doll making career!   And, as always, for following along here at The Pixie Knoll! 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am really excited about it as you can imagine! :-D It is such a great honor!

      Delete
  2. LORI !! Congratulations ! WoW, the thrill you must feel I can only imagine. What a big milestone. I'm ecstatic for you !! I wish you TONS more substantial success like this. You're great and thank you for sharing with us as you do on your blog (:•D

    Congratulations, again !! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fredo!

      You are just too darn sweet! :-) Thank you so much my dear friend! Last year, I was very fortunate and won a DAE award for my dragon, "Joy Ride". I thought it was just a matter of being in the right place at the right time; I was seriously shocked that I had won. LOL

      Well, here we are THIS YEAR and I take 2 awards!!! I am just as shocked as I was last year! I really wasn't expecting to win anything, again, to be honest, but figured I would give it a try anyway. And, boy was I ever in for a surprise! :-) You are right...it is a big milestone and I am so thrilled to be able to share the moment with my friends like you. :-D After all, you guys help to keep me working very hard at always perfecting what I create. Thank you, Fredo! Your comment and compliment means a lot to me. <3

      Big hugs,
      Lori

      Delete