Friday, June 13, 2014

Mount Dora 2nd Friday Art Stroll....

I realized after I got to my location tonight at the Mount Dora Center for the Arts that I had forgot to make a post about the event here on my blog page!  Of course, that was not my intentions because,  to be honest, I was asked to attend only a few days ago.  So, it was kind of a last minute arrangement.   Typically, you are notified well in advance, but I don't mind a last minute call to show.  I enjoy the show process....I just hate the packing up.  :-P 

What is the Mount Dora 2nd Friday Art Stroll?  Well, to briefly explain, there are a number of specific locations in the quaint, downtown area of Mount Dora that sponsor artist and their work the 2nd Friday of each month.  Patrons can take a stroll around the downtown, dine and wine their way through the offerings of what the artist have for show and sale.  Yes, it's true!  You can actually purchase items from the artist if you should so fancy in doing such a thing!  There are a number of great restaurants and gift shops along the way to each location that you can browse in or dine at if you should so desire.  One of my favorite restaurants is the Frog and the Monkey.  They have the BEST hamburgers in town!!  (and the Guinness is pretty darn good too!  LOL)

At any rate, for those that were out and about doing the art stroll in Mount Dora, I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to stop by my location and take a closer look at my work.  Each and every one of you were a delight to speak with and I really enjoyed being able to share my work with you and my process of creating.   I do not know when I will be asked to come back as we are on a type of rotation it seems.  My first time attending the event was last month in May and I was at the Baker's Street Studio then.  Tonight I was at the Mount Dora Center for the Arts, and no telling where on the map I will be at the next time.  Either way, I hope that you will all continue to come out and support the arts, no matter if I am there or not. 

In the event you were not able to find a map of all the locations around town, here is a map in case you need it for future reference.  You should be able to print it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment