Monday, July 14, 2014

Publication announcement and some progress pics!

I have to say, this past week, I was pretty darn busy working on the polar bear commission and trying to finish up a Halloween piece for the Every Witch Way Lane blog store as well.

But, before I get on with all the daily happenings, I REALLY wanted to share my latest news with all of you!!  I found out this week that I made it into the internationally distributed Pretty Toys Magazine for the month of July!  I simply can not express how excited I am about it.  :-)    I knew it would be coming up at some point, but did not know which issue I would be placed in.  I am also thrilled with the fact that this issue contains my first ever tutorial!  So, if you want to know what the tutorial is all about, you will have to get the magazine!! 

I am delighted to be included in this issue and honored to share it with some very talented artist from around the world.  This magazine is really fantastic with limited advertisements and chock-full of the stuff you want to see and read about! Pretty Toys Magazine is available in both digital format and hard copy.   Just in case you were wondering why the price for the hard copy is so high, it is because it contains very little advertisement AND it is a beautiful, high quality magazine.  When I received my first hard copy back in January, I was really impressed by how well it is made...it's almost a book!  It's gorgeous!  You will not be disappointed.  To purchase your copy, you can follow this link:  http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/781758


Now that we have that bit of news out of the way, it's time for show and tell!  In truth, I am not sure you will be able to really see all the work that I have accomplished in this past week.  Especially since what was left is the "fur" details.  I still have a little bit more clay to add to the face area in order to blend the facial hair to the neck, then obviously the sanding must be done.  And yes, it is going to be a bear of a job to sand this critter. :-D  But, it will be all worth it in the end I think.  Sorry about the poor lighting.  I was in a hurry when I snapped the photos, but I think they are well enough for you to see the detail work.  You will have to let me know what you think of the progress so far.  I really do enjoy hearing your feedback on my projects!  Of course, looking at the pics here on my monitor...they look horrid!  LOL  So, you might want to click on the picture so that it will enlarge for you to give you more details and a better view.  :-P 




The final thing I have to share with you this evening is that I have listed 4 items up for auction this week. Yes...FOUR!!  I know, I must be crazy.  But the truth is, I REALLY need to make some room in my studio because I'm bursting at the seems for needed space.  It would be wonderful if you folks would help me clear out my inventory.  You will find the items are listed at super great starting prices, not to mention, there is a little something for everyone in different price ranges too!  Three of the items are relisted items, but there is one new one up on the block today, "Jack-Be-Nimble"!  I really love this piece, especially if he is displayed with the correct lighting, he makes for a FABULOUS display because his shadow seems to dance with him...like the shadows from a flickering flame!  Whomever takes this one home will be getting a real treat! Then, of course, there is my coveted "Joy Ride".  I know someone really wants to buy this one and in truth, I am shocked he has not sold yet.  His starting price is so stinking low it does him a disservice! But, nonetheless, I can not keep these forever.  I create them for the satisfaction of passing them on to you, the collectors.  So, please, someone out there, make me EXTREMELY happy and buy "Joy Ride" and give this lovely beast a home that will cherish him as a family heirloom as he deserves!  And, then there is the troll, "Captured" because you can not have a dragon without a troll. And, I have to say, the pictures do not do this piece any justice whatsoever.  He is awesome!  Ever since I moved back in October, I have found it VERY difficult to get good pictures of my work. I just have not found the right set-up yet, though I keep searching for it.  Anyway, I thought he deserved another whirl round in the town of Ebay.  And, since he was so dark and scary, I thought I might as well put "Ruby" up too since to me, she is somewhat "gothic" in a way.  LOL  At any rate, I hope that there are 4 collectors out there who would fall in love with one of these and give them a forever loving home.  They are great pieces and worthy of an collection...big or small.  Again, there is something here for everyone, from the new collector all the way to the distinguished collector. 

"Jack-Be-Nimble"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121385315501?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649


"Captured"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121385316267?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
"Joy Ride"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121385314349?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
"Ruby"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121385314772?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

So, there ya have it folks, that's been my past week in a nutshell.  So stay tuned and hopefully soon you will see the finishing of the mighty polar bear project!  I hope you have enjoyed reading and following along so far.  Again, I really enjoy your feedback and comments.  It is always nice to hear from all of you out there.  And, don't forget, I also have my other blog running too.  Hopefully tomorrow, I will be debuting the next item for the Every Witch Way Lane blog store.   You can get an early sneak peek of the item over there at www.covenofcrones.blogspot.com  

As always, thanks for following along with me on my figure sculpting journey at The Pixie Knoll!
 

6 comments:

  1. Sooooooo happy for you and proud of you! Way to go!
    Yes, this bear is delightful and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, you are just super sweet! Thank you so much! <3 And, too, thank you for the compliments on my bear. I think he has shaped up quite nicely. :-D Big hugs to you, Amanda, and thank you so much for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Your work is amazing, the publications is well deserved.
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, you are super nice for you compliments! Thank you so very much. You have no idea how happy that makes me. :-D I hope you have a wonderful day! And, thank you for visiting my humble blog! :-)

      Delete
  3. congrats on being published and I cant wait to see your finished bear ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I just finished the last bit of sculpting details on him last night. Today, I will be sanding and placing the primer. Hopefully he will be completed soon! Thank you so much for following along. :-)

      Delete