Friday, May 22, 2015

Swimming into Summer: the next WIP

While many of you folks around the country are still enjoying your Spring weather, and others of you at the other end of the globe are heading into your Winter months,  here in Florida, the Summer swelter is upon us and the humidity is climbing higher as the days go on.  No matter where in the world we call home, occasionally, as the weather changes, we find ourselves thinking about beautiful tropical places, vacation holidays, and swimming in the ocean with the warm summer breezes caressing our skin while the sun bakes down upon us. 

To celebrate the coming of Summer I decided I would create something tropical to take along with me to the IDS show coming up on June 5-7 in Asheville, North Carolina.  It's been a long while since I created a mermaid figure, and in fact it is a rarity to see one come out of The Pixie Knoll, but, believe it or not, there are indeed mermaids who live in the waters in the kingdom of The Pixie Knoll!  So, while we wait for this mermaid to make her rare appearance, I thought I would tantalize you good folks with a few WIP pictures of what will be her underwater home.  :-)  All of the sculpting so far is created with Premiere Paper Clay.  I am still in the sculpting process on the base.  Then, I will seal it and paint it to mimic what you might see in a coral reef.  With luck, I will have the project finished in time.  :-)  Nothing like pushing the envelope before a show, but I guess I'm just one of those crazy artist that like to work up to the last minute. 

At any rate, I hope you enjoy the few pics of what I'm working on.  I would love to hear what you think about it!   For more information on the IDS show coming up, please follow the link to read more about the show!  http://www.internationaldollshow.com/ 

In the meantime, thanks for following along at The Pixie Knoll! 



No comments:

Post a Comment