Sunday, June 26, 2016

It's official!

Now that the doll conventions have passed, I can finally start to have some "fun" in the studio.  As you might have guessed, it's that time of year when I start to get my creepy on.  Yeah, that's right, it's time to prepare for HALLOWEEN and the rest of the Holiday seasons here at The Pixie Knoll.  

You wouldn't believe the ruckus that is going on inside my studio as we speak!  All you have to do is mention Halloween and those crazy pixies went helter skelter.  They were busy trying on their favorite Halloween costumes, discussing where they wanted to go trick-or-treating, and of course they are excited to see their dark cousins....the dark pixies, witches, and other magical beings that will be coming to visit us here at The Pixie Knoll during the fall months.  What a grand party it will be when everyone arrives for Halloween.  A spooktacular event they say, none like none other in all these parts!

So, to kick off the excitement here at The Pixie Knoll, I wanted to bring you the Spirits in Sanford artist badge.  It's official, I am a participating artist!  Yay!!!   So, mark the dates folks!  As you can see, I don't have a lot of time to prepare, but rest assured, I will have a HUGE assortment of new items for all the lucky trick-or-treaters who visit me at the show.   The Show dates are September 30 and October 1, 2016.  For more information go to:  
 http://spiritsinsanford.com/Spirits_In_Sanford/Home.html

Participating artist badge for Spirits in Sanford.

One of these days, I would love to branch out and participate in some of the other big Halloween events like Ghoultide Gathering and Halloween and Vine, but for now, I will be happy to show at Spirits in Sanford.  It's a great group of artist each year, wonderful patrons, and a super neat location.  So be sure to mark your calendars as it promises to be a ton of fun!

The first piece I am working on is this monster!  Yes, this year I am bringing some monsters with me!  Something new, something, spooky and something fun.  That is what it is all about!  Here is the beginning workings of the piece.  I am a lot farther along now, but I figured I would hold off on the pics until he is completed.  :-)  Nothing like torture teasing.  LOL    I would say this creepy fella is about 16 inches tall.  What a great size for a creepy display!  Don't you think?   I hope you like him so far.  I can tell you, I think he's SUPER cool and I can't wait for you to see him all finished up!

First monster of the 2016 year Halloween Kick-off!

Well, now that we have spilled the beans on the first not-so-secret project for the Halloween season Kick-off, I wanted to also share a link to an auction that I have up and running.

I listed "Sweet Dreams Stardust" last week on Ebay, but apparently people are on vacation.  O.o  I had a lot of interested "buyers" in her when I first showed her to the public, but everyone seems to have ran away or...they are on vacation.  Which, I hope that is what the reason is.  Anyway, I have re-listed her again with a lower starting price.  Her starting price is a VERY reasonable price for this very sweet OOAK fairy.  If she doesn't sell on Ebay, I will be placing her in my Etsy store until she sells there.   Here is the link to her auction.  She really is such a sweet fairy.  You will not be disappointed if you are the lucky one to give her a home.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/122026688944?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 

Now that I have once again tossed my fairy out to you with her Ebay auction link, I wanted to share a bit with all of you...perhaps it might persuade some of you to bid to help me in my cause.  You see, I have a goal in mind.  Of course, I want to sell my work just as much as the next fellow artist, after all, we all need to put food on the table and a roof over our heads.  But, I have a specific need at this time.  Well, perhaps it's not a viable "need" per say like food, but, it is an artistic need at any rate.  I am trying to raise the funds to purchase an artist show tent, like the ones you see at out door art festivals and the likes.  I did have a tent, but it was pretty cheap I guess.  After using it a couple of times, the darn aluminum bars bent when it was being folded up during the tear down process.  NO kidding.  All 4 sides literally broke right in the middle of the aluminum bars.  Easy Up.....not so easy down.  :-P  I honestly have no idea how it happened since we followed the directions accordingly, but either way, it is no longer use-able. This was very heart breaking, but it was also a lesson learned.  In the end, you get what you pay for.  So, long story short, I am now tent-less.   At any rate, I am now in the process of trying to sell my pieces in order to raise the funds to purchase a new tent.  After having done a lot of research, I have chosen a specific tent that will last a VERY long time (if not a life-time).  As you might have guessed, along with the longevity of the product, this will bring an expense.  Again, you get what you pay for!   I am looking for something permanent, durable, and dependable.  I don't want "accident's" where the tent bars snap in two, or my tent flies away into another exhibitor's space.  I need protections from the rain and from the glare of the sun as well, not to mention, these cute pixies need a good home for protection too!   So there, you have it folks.  I am willing to work hard and create new and wonderful pieces, but I need you to help me out by giving them a home.  So, here is the deal,  if you see something in my etsy store that you would love to give a home too, let me know.  If you have a reasonable offer, let me know, I might make you a deal.  :-)  I also do lay-a-ways too.  So don't be afraid to ask.  And, if you would rather just make a donation to the tent fund, I would be forever grateful for that too.  It's not a lofty goal, but one that is important to me.  Perhaps there is a patron of the arts out there willing to help give some support?   Anyway, the tent I am looking into purchasing is the Flourish Canopy Trimline tent.   If you would like to read about it, here is the link:    http://www.flourish.com/   So, what do you folks say?  Help an artist out?  Thanks for the support ahead of time as you have no idea how much it is appreciated!

Well, since the summer days are now getting shorter, I suppose I need to head back to the studio and bring some order to all of the chaos going on in there.  There is a monster lurking to be finished!  LOL

Happy Sunday to all of you out there and again, thanks for stopping by to sit a spell at The Pixie Knoll!

No comments:

Post a Comment