Monday, July 11, 2016

Another Monday, another project.....

Here we are on Monday once again.  Blah, blah, Monday.  This day of the week is definitely not the favorite day of the week...understandably.  Who wants to crawl out of their comfortable bed after a long, fun-filled weekend of outdoor fun and tending to our beautiful lawns to have to head off to the work place?  Not many peeps I'm sure.

No matter, I have goofed off enough over the last week and it's time to get back to work for me too.  Actually, I haven't been completely laying about and eating bon bons as my posterior would have you believe because I HAVE been putting in a few hours here and there when time allowed for it, but admittedly, I did have a little fun in the sun a couple of weekends ago.   On the July 4th weekend, I had the opportunity to go to the East Coast of Florida to Sebastian and get in a full day of fishing with my husband and brother-in-law.  I haven't done any salt water fishing since I was a kid!  We were fishing in the inner-coastal....the water is brackish there, so you never know what you will pull out of the water.  To my amazement, between the 3 of us, we had a good day of fishing from the pier: 8 red snappers, 3 puffer fish, a sting ray, a shark, a yellow jack and about 10 catfish.  Everything was tossed back except for 2 red snappers, which we brought home and threw on the grill.  I was lucky enough to catch a red snapper, a yellow jack, a cat fish and a bonnet head shark.  We had a great time spending the day together and are looking forward to our next trip out when my brother-in-law visits again from Tennessee in the fall.   And, as you might imagine, I'm one of those crazy nuts who like to get their picture taken with their "catch of the day".  LOL   Funny, cause I HATE to have my picture taken...but I will sure pucker up to the camera with my itty bitty fishy on the line. HAHAHA   I have to say, this is the most God-awful pic of me ever, but hey, look at that bonnet head shark!!!!  Yeah, it's a baby, but still, pretty cool huh?  That is my brother-in-law in the back ground.  Looks like he was dealing with his own catch at the time.  :-)   Good times for sure.

Anyway, back to the reality that is Monday.  Aside from taking a day to go fishing, I finally managed to get that last monster finished with his sculpting.  I don't have a pic of his finished sculpted state.  Mainly because, well....I don't know why, honestly.  HAHA  Lazy I guess.  Either way, I set him aside to be painted at a later time.  And, then, I started the armature for the next monster.  He is another tall piece, a bit taller than the other monster.  The first one measures about 16 inches tall, this 2nd monster is about 20 inches tall.  So, they are both pretty good sizes I suppose.  What would you expect if these things were lurking under your bed?  Micro monsters?  So, I wanted them to be a bit larger for the sake of bringing imagination to life.  Just imagine if that thing was lurking in your closet or under the bed....you surely wouldn't imagine it as a tiny little thing slithering around now would you?  HAHA    So, anyway, here is a quick snap shot of the 2nd monster.  I have not started sculpting him just yet.  I will start to work on that phase today.  Like I said....it's back to work Monday....which includes me too.  :-P   At any rate, here he is in all of his naked monsterly goodness! Soon, he will actually start to look like something.  LOL  But for now, I think you get a pretty good idea of what he might look like in the future.  You will have to stay tuned to see how he comes out.

2nd monster WIP
Now that I am back from the shows, it's time to start loading up my Etsy store and eBay with all of the items I have returned with.  Last week, I had "Sweet Dreams Stardust" on eBay.  She didn't sell there so now she is in the land of Etsy.  Hopefully not lost there forever.  I'm sure someone will come along at some point that will like to take her home.  In the meantime, while we wait for that to happen, I have a new eBay auction this week.  "Brock" is now looking for a new forever home.  He's a super cute little pixie boy and as usual, pictures do not do him any justice at all!  Why not pop on over to his auction to check him out!  His auction runs until Sunday about 7 pm Eastern time.  If he doesn't sell, he will be in my Etsy store as well.  Remember, I do work with lay-a-way plans too if this should be of interest to anyone out there.  :-)   Here is his eBay link to read more about him:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122041768858?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
"Brock"
At any rate, as you all know, I have just created a Patreon page for reasons you are all aware of if you have been reading along with my blog.  I finally found a "Patreon button" and have now placed that on my website and blog page here.  It will make it easier for you to find should you want to become a patron.  :-)   I'm still keeping the faith and feeling hopeful that there are at least a few people out there that might want to help me along.  And, if you do NOT want to be a patron on Patreon, but you want to help out with a one-time donation, that is ok too,  I have a PayPal button on my blog (upper right hand corner) and also on my website too, that was built specifically for those wanting to make ONLY a one-time donation.  Of course, there is always the other option, which is my preferred choice, and that is to BUY MY WORK!!   That would be my preferred way.  :-D  I appreciate all of the assistance I can get.  So far, I have had a couple of people help with one-time donations.  And to you....I am very grateful.  Thank you for your donations! (you know who you are ;-D)

And, with that, I'm off to get some work done.  As always, thanks for stopping by and reading all about my latest adventures here at The Pixie Knoll.

No comments:

Post a Comment