Monday, October 24, 2016

The Rat Race and other show news...PICS too!

A rat race pretty much sums it up.  I feel as if I have been on that perpetual mouse wheel running my wee little legs off.  Simply running myself in circles going literally no where.....or so it seems.  But, in truth, I have been so stinking busy that I have only just realized that I have not made a blog post since August!  Where in the world does the time go?

I guess there is nothing wrong with being busy if it is all for the good.  After all, idle hands do the Devil's work, right?  No chance for me to be wicked, that is for certain! But, I did take the time to show my dark side for Spirits in Sanford Halloween show.  It was a great success once again and a good time had by all the trick-or-treaters that dared to venture to the show this year.  I had a spooktacular time seeing all of my artist friends and collectors alike once again.  And, of course, a special THANK YOU goes out to all of the collectors who came to the show and made purchases from me again this year.  YOU guys are AWESOME!!!   It gives me great pleasure to create these little treasures for you.  You make it all worth while. So, thank you all VERY much for your continued support.  Please be sure to tell all of your friends about what a great little show it is.

For those of you who could not make the show, do not fear, I have some items still left that I have already listed into my Etsy shop.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pixieknoll?ref=hdr_shop_menu  I am certain you will find something there that you might tickle your taste buds.  This year I decided to try a little bit of "vintage Halloween".  I made some Roly Poly figures that are sure to scare the socks off of you!  Here is a Sampling.  :-)  Again, you can find more of these on my website www.thepixieknoll.com or in my Etsy store.  
Large Roly Poly Witch and Cat

Large and small Roly Poly Clowns

Green Monster

Red Monster ( I like to refer to him as the "Raging Hemorrhoid")
Now that the Halloween show has come and gone, you would think I would have a little time for some R & R, right?  Fat chance on that!  Like I said, the idle hands do the Devil's work and I have no time to be wicked.  So, if you are local to me here in Central Florida, I will be doing a one-day event at an artist's garden party located at 32850 Lake Shore Drive, Tavares, on Saturday, October 29 from 9 to 4 pm.  This is only for one day, so again, if you are driving by, feel free to stop and visit and pick up a few items while you are there.  :-)

After this little one-day event, I will then be setting up at the Wine Art Wednesdays in down town Lake Mary on November 2 and December 7th from 5 to 9 pm.  I'm not exactly sure what I will be bringing with me on these two days but whatever it will be, I'm sure you will find something to your fancy there.

The next show after this is the Fairy and Earth Festival on November 12 and 13th at the Sunshine Ranch located at 415 South State Road 415, Osteen, Florida.  And, NO that is not a typo folks...that really is the address!  I had to double check myself on that. I even made the trip out and yes, it will work in your GPS too!  HAHA  So, no excuses.....don't miss out on getting your wings on.  As you might have guessed, I will have some of those adorable little pixies with me.  So be sure to come and and see all of the vendors and offerings for the weekend. For more information on the event, please see the website of the sponsor.  http://enchantedwalkabouts.com/faerie-and-earth-festivals/

As if all of these were not enough on one person's list, I have also added one more show for the year.  Yes, I think I need my head examined, no doubt about it, but I submitted my application and was accepted so no turning back now!  Anyway, the new show is located in Sarasota, Florida.  It's a new event for me and from what I hear it is AWESOME!!!!  So, I'm pretty excited about participating for this show.  What is it you say?  Oh well, let me tell you! It's called the Atomic Holiday Bazaar.  Yeah, sounds fun doesn't it?  I thought so too!  Apparently it's a super HUGE show with tons of exciting vendors and lots and lots of people.  The show will be located at the Municipal Auditorium, 801 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, Florida, 34236.  For more information this is the website.  http://www.atomicholidaybazaar.com/ 

So, as you can imagine, I have been busy planning and working toward preparing for all of these events.  I hope that you guys will have the opportunity to come out and see what I have to offer for the events that are coming up.  And, with the Holiday Season fast approaching, you might even be able to find that perfect Christmas gift for someone special on your list.  Yes....I said it....CHRISTMAS!!  It will be here before you know it folks.   Buying a special hand-crafted item from an artisan is one of the best gifts you could give because you will not only be giving a one-of-a-kind item to someone special that NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD WILL HAVE, but you will also be helping out the artist you purchase from.  :-)  Share the love folks!  That is what Christmas is all about.  

And, on that note, I need to get out of here so I can get some shut eye before it's time to get back to work again in the morning.  See you folks soon with some new pieces.  In the meantime, check out the Etsy store and bring home a new treasured Halloween item for your collection this year.

As always, thanks for stopping by The Pixie Knoll blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment