Saturday, July 11, 2020

Out with the old and in with the new...

In case you are a returning visitor to The Pixie Knoll blog page, you will probably notice that I have deleted the history going back several years...nearly to the beginning of time.   I honestly do not have a great explanation for doing that other than I was tired of looking at it and wanted to clean house.  LOL   So, please forgive me for having a "house cleaning" moment. 

With that said, I have also decided that it was finally time to break down and move to an e-commerce platform for my website, with a clean new design and integrated shopping carts.   It will not only be fast, clean and efficient, but it will give you a secure check-out process through the website and will offer PayPal as well, and comes complete with a shipping calculator no matter your destination in the world.   These changes will give me the freedom to cut out the middle man in the buying/selling process and allow me to pass on some of those savings to you, the collector.   

As for blogging, I am considering having the blog run directly from my website.  This way, you can see the creations coming to life a little at a time, and later, find them in the shop so you can purchase.  I have the idea to keep everything in one location.  I am all about simplification...and this is the beginning.  I no longer want to have to manage and maintain several sites and blogs, because let's face it, life is just too short.  However, I still want to include you, my wonderful collector's, in my life here at The Pixie Knoll.   So, I had to make a compromise, and the all-in-one-site is the best answer I could come up with.  :-D 

I hope that you will all continue to follow along at The (new and improved) Pixie Knoll.  Stay tuned for what lies ahead in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out with the old and in with the new...